Friday, April 24, 2009

Elephant jammies and baseball aprons



So, I finished the pants last Friday and the shirt last Saturday. They turned out so cute! I've been very busy at work this week, tiling the kitchen back splash. I'll get some pictures taken because it turned out really well! So not a lot of sewing or anything else going on.(Though I did get the house clean for my book club last Wednesday. Way overdue!)

I signed up for another apron swap--it's a Mother's Day swap--and I got paired with Amy and her 8 year old son Zach. They love baseball, especially the Mariners, but here in CO all I could find was Rockies fabric. No big surprise there. So off to the fabric store Tade and I went this morning and I'm so pleased with my choices! I got red and blue pillow ticking--which I LOVE--and made coordinating, but not matching aprons.


Here's a little sneak peak of the pockets; I'll post more once I get the go ahead from Shawnee to send the package--I embarrassed myself by sending the Flirty apron too soon. I really need to work on my photography skills! Sorry for the washed out picture!

There also a new apron swap with sign ups until May 6th. The Sassy and Flirty Apron Swaps are joining forces on this one. Garden themed--which should be a blast! I've requested a gathering apron to bring in all my goodness from the garden. So check out the Busy Bee Swap and maybe we'll be partners!

Giveaway is still open for another week, so tell your friends, tell your family!

3 comments:

  1. The Garden Swap sounds like a ton of fun. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not too busy and to go a ahead and sign up.
    About your question, no, I don't live in a bad part of town. Actually there are 4 cops/highway patrols that live either in my apartment building or in the adjacent one. I've just always been super sheltered by my parents. The first time Matt was gone for a trip and I had to stay alone in our apartment was last fall and it was the first time I'd ever spent a night alone in my life. I'm just a baby, lol, but I'm starting to get over it a little bit.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara....These are adorable. I love them!!!! I will for sure check out the apron swap! I leave on Thursday for Illinois, so it may be a couple days before I get to it. I had a blast at your house! Let's keep in touch & maybe get together to sew, knit, or just goof around!!

    ReplyDelete